Ballarat Harriers welcomes new members at all times, regardless of your current ability, or age.
Club races are all handicap events (with the exception of championships) so everyone has an even chance of winning.
Click here for a membership form
Cross Country season is from the last weekend in March until the last weekend in September. There is usually a race every weekend and most club runs have a choice of a shorter run – this is usually not as hilly or as hard, but seek assistance on the day from officials if in any doubt.
You are welcome to compete in either the shorter or long race, or both. Invitation runners may compete for one event.
Commences in October and concludes in February, and is based at the Llanberris track in York Street Ballarat.
Please note the following:
• Club uniform is to be worn in all races. Invitation runners are exempt from this requirement. Ballarat Harriers have their own club singlet, which is available for purchase from SportzBiz Ballarat, (Ph 03 5332 3833). Club uniform requires athletes to wear black shorts.
• Age groups are determined as at age on the day of competition.
• All runners must be financial members to be eligible to win a championship or receive a trophy.
• First race commences at 1.45pm – junior race and 2.15pm main race
• Races that are held within the Ballarat area will always conclude with a gathering, at the race location or the Ballarat Harriers clubrooms (31 Young Street, Ballarat) for afternoon tea and presentations.
To compete in Ballarat Regional Athletics Centre (BRAC) and Athletics Victoria (AV) events, athletes must also be registered as an AV member. Click here to register
If you are under 18 years need to complete the Media and Photography policy.